Please complete the boxes below. You will then receive an email containing login and password details which will allow you to complete the registration process.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGISTRATION OF PROSPECTIVE ESTATE AGENTS
- Only persons that intend to perform the activities of an estate agent as indicated in the definition of an estate agent in section 1(vi) of the Estate Agency Affairs Act 112 of 1976 should register on this Portal and proceed with the application for registration as an estate agent.
- Only persons who have never been registered with the Estate Agency Affairs Board (the EAAB) should complete the form below. Persons previously registered with the EAAB, whether there are still registered, left the estate agency industry voluntarily or were deregistered by the EAAB for not renewing for three consecutive years, should not complete the form below but should instead log in on the right or validate themselves as estate agencies without login details.
Before proceeding with the completion of the form below, please ensure that you have the following information to successfully register as an estate agent:
- Certified ID copy, if you are a South African citizen;
- Certified Valid Passport and Certified Valid South African Work Permit Copy if you are a non-South African Citizen;
- Letter of employment from the estate agency firm that you intend joining as an estate agent, duly signed by the principal(s) and on company letterhead; and/or
- The Estate Agency’s Firm PIN number, that starts with the letter “F”. If you intend to register as an attorney employee, please enter F118134
- If you have been dismissed from a position of trust due to improper conduct, convicted of an offence involving elements of dishonesty and/or if you are an insolvent not yet rehabilitated, you are disqualified from registering as an estate agent in terms of 27(a) of the Estate Agency Affairs Act 112 of 1976 and consequently, you should not proceed and complete the forms below.
Please note: “ESTATE AGENCY PIN” is a reference number available from your employer.
INFORMATION ON FOREIGN NATIONALS FOR LICENCING AND REGISTRATION AS A PROPERTY PRACTITIONER
June 12, 2022
S50(1) Requires property practitioners to be SA citizens and lawfully resident in SA. This excludes foreign nationals who were previously registered under the EAA Act 112/2976. We are required by law to comply with the Act. Property practitioners who wish to register and operate within SA must either be SA citizens and lawfully resident in SA or...
Please take note of this important notification that will assist you in obtaining your three (3) year 2023 fidelity fund certificate without any delays. Regulation 15.4 states that every property practitioner to whom a fidelity fund certificate or registration certificate, as the case may be, has already been issued in respect of a specific...
In order to ensure that DNFBP entities remediate and enhance their RMCPs, in accordance with the required Recommended Actions in Immediate Outcome 4 Preventative Measures of the Mutual Evaluation Report, the Property Practitioners Regulatory Authority (PPRA) is requesting all property practitioners previously included in the definition of...
UPDATED EQUIVALENCY EXEMPTION MATRICES FOR NQF LEVEL 4 & 5
September 9, 2020
On 20 August 2020 the Estate Agency Affairs Board advised of the EAAB BOARD’S DECISION TO AMEND THE EQUIVALENCY EXEMPTION MATRICES FOR NQF LEVELS 4 & 5 which was placed on the EAAB’s website and sent via a bulk email process.
JOHANNESBURG – The Estate Agency Affairs Board (EAAB) has brought forward the application date for a progressive initiative that will boost transformation of the real estate industry.