PPRA Mobile App
Privacy Statement – Estate Agency Affairs Board – EAAB at your fingertips.
Collecting Personal Information
Device & Consumer information
Examples of Personal Information collected:
- Mobile number,
- Telephone Number,
- Date of birth,
- ID Number’
- Business Address’
- Physical address and postal address
- Email addresses
- Language preferences
- Verified banking details
- Employment details
- Company Registration Number’
- Estate Agency related information including your FFC records,
- Location information,
- Version of mobile phone’s operating system,
- IP address,
- Time zone,
- Cookie information,
- Your biometric information, including but not limited to, if applicable, that information obtained from your fingerprints, hands, facial recognition and/or retinal scanning;
- Such other personal information as is reasonably required by us to engage with you and/or provide services requested.
what EAAB at your Fingertips App information you access and how you interact with the EAAB at your Fingertips App.
- Purpose of collection:
- The EAAB will always collect Personal Information in a fair, lawful and reasonable manner to ensure that it protects the Data Subject's privacy and will Process the Personal Information based on legitimate grounds in a manner that does not adversely affect the Data Subject in question. The EAAB will collect Personal Information for purposes required to operate and manage its normal operations including the following non-exhaustive purposes –
- In connection with providing the products and services offered by the EAAB at your Fingertips App and where relevant for purposes of doing appropriate customer on boarding and verification.
- For purposes of regulatory obligations such as "know your client" (KYC) as per the requirement of the Financial Intelligence Centre Act No.38 of 2001 (FIC).
- For any purposes as authorised in terms of applicable law.
Source of collection: The EAAB collects information about you and any other person whose details you provide us electronically or on the APP. The Information is collected directly from you via the information you capture electronically or on the APP as well as automatically when you access EAAB website or our EAAB at your Fingertips App using your mobile device.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: information collected will not be shared or sold or traded to any third party. It is for use of Rural Brands and The EAAB to provide clients with the services and products requested.
Customer support information
- All comments questions, concerns or complaints regarding your personal information can be forwarded to EAAB at Tel: 087 285 3222 Address : 63 Wierda Rd E & Johan Avenue, Sandton, Johannesburg, 2196
The EAAB at your Fingertips App is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us Tel: 087 285 3222.
Sharing Personal Information
The EAAB at your Fingertips App does not share information with 3rd parties. Information is kept in an electronic format using EAAB's and Rural Brands own secure servers or other internally hosted technology. The personal information may also be stored by third parties via cloud services or other technology, with whom EAAB and Rural Brands has contracted for support -.
Using Personal Information
We have regulatory obligations including FIC to process your personal information. We also use the Information for business purposes to provide you with the products and services requested. To the extent applicable under applicable law we may use your information:
- To process and conclude your application
- To contact you regarding your application
- To assess, check, verify compliance of your application
- For statistical analysis and research purposes
- For audit and record keeping purposes
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the EAAB at your Fingertips App;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
In terms of POPI EAAB may retain your personal information for longer than is necessary due to the following circumstances;
- To fulfil the EAAB' lawful functions or activities
- Where you have consented to such longer period
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We not engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
We use limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
SELL PERSONAL INFORMATION, AS DEFINED BY THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information provided.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information provided.
If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address below.
The Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (POPIA) gives effect to the constitutional right to data privacy in terms of Section 14 of the Bill of Rights of the Constitution this includes a right to protection against the unlawful collection, retention, dissemination and use of Personal Information.
All information submitted to the EAAB via the website and the APP will be treated as confidential in line with the POPIA.
You have the right to:
- ask what personal information we hold about you;
- request access to the personal information that we hold about you;
- ask us to update, correct or delete any out-of-date or incorrect personal information we hold about you;
- unsubscribe from any direct marketing communications we may send you; object to the processing of your personal information
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact using the details provided below:
Tel: 087 285 3222 Address: 63 Wierda Rd E & Johan Avenue, Sandton, Johannesburg,2196__________________________________________________________________________