DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEES OF INQUIRY
Decisions of the Disciplinary Committee
- Respondent found guilty or not guilty;
- If guilty – reprimand/fine to a maximum of R25 000 per contravention;
- A compensatory award of up to 80% of the fine imposed may be awarded to a claimant who suffered pecuniary loss;
- Withdrawal of a Fidelity Fund Certificate.
- Summonses and subpoenas are sent to relevant parties to appear;
- Chairperson and two committee members conduct the proceedings;
- Case presenter/prosecutor present the cases;
- Proceedings are mainly inquisitorial;
- Legal representation is permitted.