WRITTEN PDE 4 & 5 & ORAL EXAMINATION FEES FOR 2019/2020
APPLICABLE WRITTEN PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATION EXAMINATION (PDE) 4 & 5 AND ORAL EXAMINATION FEES FOR 2019/2020 – Effective 01 July 2019
This serves to advise all estate agents who wish to undertake the scheduled PDE Examination (written and oral) for the 2019/2020 financial year of the following applicable fees:
- Written PDE 4 – R1 067.00
- Written PDE5 – R1 397.00
- Oral Examination (PDE 4&5) R2 145.00
Eligibility (oral and written examination)
The PDE is written by registered estate agents who are certificated against or exempted from completing the prescribed qualifications.
PDE 4 (this is an exam that must be written by eligible intern and full- status non-principal estate agents), only those who have been certificated against or exempted from completing the Further Education and Training Certificate: Real Estate (NQF 4). Interns must have also completed the compulsory 12 months internship period and submitted a logbook which has been approved by EAAB in order for them to be able to enrol for exam via MyEAAB portal.
PDE 5 (this is an exam that must be written by eligible full- status principal estate agents), only those who have been certificated against or exempted from completing the National Certificate: Real Estate (NQF 5).
Those who have not updated their qualifications status may do so by sending such to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com.
The enrolment process
It is important for potential examination candidates to note that written PDE enrolment is done strictly via the MyEAAB portal available on the EAAB’s website www.eaab.org.za and one must be in possession of their 7 digit personal identification number or reference number to be able to enrol. The EAAB’s Call Centre, Tel: 087 285 3222, may be requested to confirm such reference numbers.
Oral Examination applications are requested by sending required documents (refer to the policy under Education of the EAAB website) which is done strictly via the MyEAAB portal and titled “request for oral examination”. Original documents must also mailed to the EAAB for the attention of the Education and Training Department via registered mail as these are crucial for confirmation with the medical practitioner.
Very important Rules to the exam enrolment
- Unless PDE enrolment and payment is received prior to the examination date, no examination seat number will be allocated. Estate agents who wish to enrol should therefore ensure that they first enrol for the examination via the MyEAAB Portal when the system is open for enrolment and then make payment using the correct Unique Seven Digit Reference No. usually used for Fidelity Fund Certificate payments. For confirmation of seat numbers, estate agents are requested to check the MyEAAB Portal and as such are issued automatically via the system and populated against their system profile.
- Examination results are released at least 8 weeks after the examination date and appeals must be lodged within 14 days of receiving results. Results can be viewed through MyEAAB Query Management portal.
- Professional Designation Award Certificates (for those who passed the examination) are issued within 8 weeks after the examination results have been published. This also applies for successful appeals.
- Estate agents are advised to ensure that they obtain study material well in advance from the EAAB prior to enrolling for the examination as preparation is very important.
- Examination duration is 4 hours.
- It is an open book examination. Only calculators of any type and NOT cellphones can be used for any calculation-related questions, if any.
- ID Documents or Driver’s License or Passports are a must. No documents, No examination!
Examination seat numbers must be printed and be brought into the examination venue.
- Calculators (not cell phone or any calculation device) are allowed at the examination venue.
- Tips for examinations are available on the EAAB website under Education.
Banking details: All examination fees must be paid into the following bank account, namely:
Account Name: Estate Agency Affairs Board
Bank Name: ABSA
Account Number: 4052033310
Branch Code: 632005
Payment reference: Applicant’s 7 digit reference number.
Those unsure of this number must contact Tel: 087 285 3222 (the EAAB’s Call Centre) for confirmation of the correct number prior to making payment.
Issued by the Education and Training Department
Date of Issue: June 2019
Professional Exemption Fees Written & Oral Examination for 2019-2020